Product Owner / Head of Software Delivery
As Product Owner, you foster collaboration between the development and project management teams to ensure on time, on budget delivery of high quality software. You transform the product vision and customer requirements into actionable increments of the strategic product capabilities. You understand and passionately advocate for the customers’ needs while understanding the constraints of the development teams. You are responsible for grooming the product backlog, readying stories, leading estimation sessions, and articulating value and the ‘What’ – so that our engineering teams can deliver shippable increments every sprint.
Today we are delivryig just over 70 projects p.a. The right candidate will possess the ability to work on multiple client projects focused on delivering medical image management and analysis solutions across various therapeutic areas.
You will be the lead for Product Management Team and report to CTO. This position will provide you with a high level of autonomy, you will be managing the product roadmap and setting your own and development team’s weekly objectives and liaising with the rest of the team.
You will be engaging, motivating and supporting the team with a shared drive to succeed.
What are we looking for
A key part of the role will be taking responsibility for our product development, contributing to the product vision and development roadmaps, as well as managing the team backlogs and liaising with Project Managers, Quality Assurance lead and Developers.
Your success is measured by being recognised throughout IAG as the go-to individual for the product features and modules that you are responsible for. You are the robust link between our operational and development teams, reporting directly to Chief Technology Officer and when needed to the CEO.
- Experience as a Product Owner, Business Analyst or Project Manager in software development, the clinical research or medical imaging systems.
- Excellent understanding of medical imaging and clinical trials.
- The ability to define requirements through interviews / workshops.
- Demonstrated ability to organise workload, multitask, solve technical problems.
- A clear grasp of Agile Software Product delivery and operations, ideally with a record of building strong products and collaborating with development teams with a willingness to learn and experiment with new tools and techniques.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of business processes.
- Proven ability to understand and communicate technical and business concepts.
- A very good communicator and able presenter, well versed in speaking about your product features and modules to audiences inside and outside of IAG.
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to give and receive positive and constructive feedback.
- Substantial personal responsibility and autonomy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging and varied environment.
- Good understanding of Data Privacy & GDPR.
- Strong understanding of API architecture is a plus.
- Product Owner Certifications would be beneficial.
Your duties, not limited to:
- Contributing into the product vision.
- Acting as the point person on the product development team, using your high-level perspective to define goals and create a vision for development projects.
- Ensure that the team maintains a cohesive vision despite the flexible and often fast-paced nature of agile product development. Everyone needs to be on the same page in order for a project to work effectively.
- Defining and prioritising product features in collaboration with all stakeholders. You will be translating requirements from the project management teams into clear tickets for software development team. The product owner’s responsibility is to create the list of backlog items and prioritize them based on the overall strategy and business objectives. Additionally, the product owner will need to map out project dependencies to inform the necessary sequence of development.
- Developing, taking ownership of, and executing product strategies and roadmaps.
- Generating, maintaining, and prioritising product backlogs (using JIRA).
- Conducting research and developing an in-depth knowledge of competitor products.
- Understanding and anticipating the clients’ needs to more effectively manage the development process. Staying one step ahead of our clients with customer journey mapping. Creating visuals to explain a shared vision for the customer experience. Putting your energy into reading your customers’ minds and wowing your clients.
- Acting as the primary contact for clients’ queries related to the product.
- Translating product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements
- Assessing the value, developing use cases, and prioritising stories, epics and themes.
- Acting as the primary communicator and link between operational teams, management, business development and development teams. Making sure there’s buy-in from stakeholders on all major decisions and strategy and clear instructions and deliverables for the developers.
- Participating in all aspects of product management with an Agile team.
What we offer:
- Career development opportunities from conferences to self guided learning, we’ll support your special interests and professional growth.
- Influence across a growing global organisation
- A friendly, supported work environment.
- Pension contribution.
- Quarterly bonus.
- Our recruitment process is rigorous but friendly. Our face to face interviews (currently via Teams!) are designed to help you tell us what you know, and what you enjoy. Hopefully some of the team will drop by to listen in on some of this, giving you both an opportunity to meet
- We strive to be a welcoming and supportive IAG. We recognise the real value a diverse and inclusive workplace brings and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds
- Visa sponsorship is not available at this time
Email your cv to email@example.com
IAG, Image Analysis Group, is a fast-growing digital imaging and technology company serving biotech and pharmaceutical clients. IAG team provides imaging expertise, technology and operational support to clients developing novel therapeutics using medical imaging-based markers in a multi-centre trials. IAG’s foundation is in software development, AI and computer science applied to medical image analysis. Today IAG’s team is a blend of technologists, computer scientists, radiologists and medical experts in drug trial development and trial delivery. We created our cloud platform DYNAMIKA, which now incorporates novel image analysis approaches which we are taking commercially and actively using in clinical trials supporting our clients’ drug development. We are here to bring the new thinking into the clinical development while acknowledging the power of state-of-the-art methods. We believe that to be successful in developing an advance therapy or addressing precision medicine concept, we need to work with best available imaging (MR, CT, PET) and the best possible image processing techniques.
DYNAMIKA, IAG’s cloud platform for robust imaging data management in multi-centre trial setting and central review. This is one comprehensive software system to control trial progress, conduct central reads and, when needed, use built-in AI for earlier read-outs and decision support. DYNAMIKA has powered over 400 global clinical studies, from ph I-IV helping to manage MRI, CT, X-ray, PET, immunoPET, SPECT, US, histology, and fluoroscopy imaging. Over the past decade, we engaged with more than 4,000 sites, processing complex imaging data from thousands of patients. Today we receive imaging data from over 200 patient per week, which translates to analysing over 10,000 scans annually. IAG is a partner to biotech and pharma companies, working on development of drugs to address unmet patients’ needs in a variety of therapeutic areas. You can read more about our partnerships and projects here: http://www.ia-grp.com/trial-solutions/bio-partnering/