You have already some practical software development experience (ideally in Java) as a Young Professional and would like to apply your skills backed by a strong Mathematical or Scientific mindset to solve real-world medical imaging problems?
You are looking to join a highly dynamic start-up environment?
Then this role is your ideal opportunity to join a fast-growing high-tech software company to translate state of the art quantitative imaging and novel research content into clinical trials and ultimately clinical routine.
Our software platform DYNAMIKA is used to deliver Imaging Trials in various therapeutic areas from Musculoskeletal Diseases to Oncology and Neuro-Oncology. You will be involved in fascinating projects working with academic as well as clinical partners to incorporate new methods into our software platform (DYNAMIKA) and to ensure that the resulting product is validated and works robustly in multi-centre trials using different scanners (Siemens, GE, Philips, etc.).
The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation and validation of image processing algorithms in a commercial cloud-based software platform in collaboration with the Software Engineering Team and academic as well as clinical partners. You will gain insights into the whole software development process, including, research, prototyping, design, implementation, verification and validation in a regulated environment (ISO 13485, FDA 510k). We are looking for exceptional inter-personal skills, entrepreneurial mind-set, and delivery focused attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementation of scientific / research software features in the medical product
- Medical image processing algorithm development
- Prototype of new features and user-experiences
- Work closely with clinical and academic partners and when required present the system at scientific conferences and customer meetings
- Participate and provide progress reports on regular basis to assist in planning and monitoring of development
- Assist in other tasks associated with software engineering, software testing, or DevOps
- Hands-on experience in Medical Imaging (MRI, CT, PET, SPECT, and/or xRay)
- MSc or higher degree in related disciplines such as Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Medical Physics (PhD strongly preferred)
- Experience in Java in the context of implementing scientific content or algorithms
- Basic understanding of DICOM
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exposure to cloud-based technologies is a plus
- Experience in Machine Learning is a plus
- Knowledge of Visualization and Processing libraries, e.g., VTK and ITK is a plus
- Track record on applying for and working within multi-disciplinary grant projects is a plus
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, bonus, shares in the business
- Exciting opportunity to lead a global multi-cultural team
- Opportunity to be a part of a team making impact on patients’ lives and have a tremendous impact on daily basis
- Flexible working environment (part work from home, part – from the office), expected 2-3 days in London, UK offices.
- Opportunities for international travel if desired; continuous learning
- Our recruitment process is rigorous but friendly. Our face to face interviews (currently via Teams!) are designed to help you tell us what you know, and what you enjoy. Hopefully, some of the team will drop by to listen in on some of this, giving you both an opportunity to meet
- We strive to be a welcoming and supportive IAG. We recognise the real value a diverse and inclusive workplace brings, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.