Scientific Director, Oncology
At IAG, we are committed to advancing the imaging science to help our biotech and pharma partners to deliver life-changing medicines, from phase 1 to the market. Our proprietary platform DYNAMIKA brings together comprehensive functionality for management and analysis of imaging data (MR, CT, PET) needed to support drug efficacy assessment in multi-centre oncology trials. IAG works with a number of global pharma companies and biotech players developing novel treatment addressing unmet needs in disease areas of: breast, ovarian, lung, GI, haematological and other cancers, using immunotherapy, tumour drivers and resistance mechanisms, DNA damage response, antibody-drug conjugates and many others. Our ambition is to deliver the best product and expert service to help our clients to eliminate cancer.
If you are passionate about the possibilities of medical imaging to aid clinical science that can make a difference to millions of patients and believe you can contribute to our bold ambition – join us!
You will play a pivotal role in directing DYNAMIKA oncology focused development roadmap and communicating our vision, expertise and values to drug development and academic partners.
- You will be responsible for leading research and collaborative engagements with key oncology institutions, existing biotech and pharma clients.
- You will develop and communicate vision for IAG’s oncology business to the CEO and the rest of the management team.
Product and Process improvements:
- You will align the needs of biotech / pharma clients developing oncology drugs and IAG’s strategy for DYNAMIKA development.
- You will be guiding operational and development teams, prioritizing development activities to ensure that we address the customer needs
- Support development and operational teams by providing guidance on best product practices and client needs.
- Lead process improvement and product development related to oncology portfolio
- You will be responsible for commercial and operational success of IAG’s oncology offering.
- Manage business relationship with existing Biopharmaceutical and CRO customers
- You will be building a solid network of oncology experts, from the industry and academia.
- You will be building high impact collaborations, partner with CROs, and communicating with biotech and pharma players.
- Masters, Doctorate Degree or professional qualification in a relevant field of study, including computer science, medicine, biomedical engineering, radiology, etc.
- Fundamental knowledge of drug development, and imaging clinical research as it related to drug development.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry, academia, healthtech or a research environment
- Proven track record to understand, assimilate and communicate scientific information in the filed of oncology
- Proven track record in engaging and developing lasting relationships with both colleagues and experts
- Proven demonstration of successful working in inter disciplinary cross functional teams
- Detailed written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Excellent understanding of written English and proficiency in spoken English
- Good organisational skills
- Direct experience in the setting up and monitoring of clinical studies
- Project management experience (budgeting, planning and delivering clinical studies)
- Understanding of AI and machine learning methodologies
- Hands on experience in RECIST, Lugano, and other image scoring methods.
Job Type: Full-time
IAG, Image Analysis Group, is a fast-growing digital imaging and technology company serving biotech and pharmaceutical clients. IAG team provides imaging expertise, technology and operational support to clients developing novel therapeutics using medical imaging-based markers in a multi-centre trials. IAG’s foundation is in software development, AI and computer science applied to medical image analysis. Today IAG’s team is a blend of technologists, computer scientists, radiologists and medical experts in drug trial development and trial delivery. We created our cloud platform DYNAMIKA, which now incorporates novel image analysis approaches which we are taking commercially and actively using in clinical trials supporting our clients’ drug development. We are here to bring the new thinking into the clinical development while acknowledging the power of state-of-the-art methods. We believe that to be successful in developing an advance therapy or addressing precision medicine concept, we need to work with best available imaging (MR, CT, PET) and the best possible image processing techniques.
DYNAMIKA, IAG’s cloud platform for robust imaging data management in multi-centre trial setting and central review. This is one comprehensive software system to control trial progress, conduct central reads and, when needed, use built-in AI for earlier read-outs and decision support. DYNAMIKA has powered over 400 global clinical studies, from ph I-IV helping to manage MRI, CT, X-ray, PET, immunoPET, SPECT, US, histology, and fluoroscopy imaging. Over the past decade, we engaged with more than 4,000 sites, processing complex imaging data from thousands of patients. Today we receive imaging data from over 200 patient per week, which translates to analysing over 10,000 scans annually. IAG is a partner to biotech and pharma companies, working on development of drugs to address unmet patients’ needs in a variety of therapeutic areas. You can read more about our partnerships and projects here: http://www.ia-grp.com/trial-solutions/bio-partnering/