Technical Lead / Head of Engineering Team
Email cv to: firstname.lastname@example.org (cc: <email@example.com>)
Image Analysis Group (IAG) is an expert medical imaging company, a global leader in clinical research, which involves medical imaging to measure efficacy and safety of new drugs. We provide the cloud-based image management platform (DYNAMIKA) and R&D services to support pharmaceutical companies developing new drugs.
Through medical image analysis, we measure the new therapy impact and patient response. This response can be assessed by looking at the volume of a tumour in CT scans or degree of blood perfusion in MRI.
IAG’s proprietary software platform, Dynamika supports all imaging data logistics in a multi-centre trial setting, automates many labour intense routines and speeds up the imaging data analysis with AI-driven methodologies.
We have released the 3rd generation platform (GCP and Microservices) and it has become the software of choice for many biotech and pharma companies around the world.
We are looking for a Technical Lead / Head of Engineering that will be closely with the CTO and CPO (reporting to the Chief Technology Officer), both located in London, UK. This position will see you manage in-house developers in the UK, EU and other locations plus a larger offshore team. There is important integration project that you will be directly managing, as one of the teams integrates within the wider company. You will have full ownership of the technical deliveries as well as responsibility for the whole groups software portfolio. Our priority is to deliver quality software on time and on budget, as the use of DYNAMIKA support development of live saving medicines and literally impacts lives of patients.
The impact of this job is tremendous. As a team we deeply feel the pride and responsibility for being a part of the drug development lifecycle.
This is hands-on position, as you will own the software development methodology and will constantly review and make changes as the business evolves.
- Managing both in-house and one offshore development team
- These include software engineers, QA’s, DBA’s and technical analysts
- Working with both internal and external clients
- Ensure project documentation is completed and product is compliant
- Provide key input into strategic product development
- Hands-on experience in development of highly scalable user-facing platform(s)
- Leading and managing performance of our large outsourced and in-house development team
- Managing GCP server configurations
- Working with & optimising analysis for large medical imaging data sets
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Working directly with the CTO and CPO to implement effective workflows, processes, and planning strategies
- Contributing to internal product roadmaps and liaising with the product team in relation to these
- Taking responsibility for developing the software in an ISO13485 environment
Our tech stack includes:
- Java 8, Microservices, RESTful API (Jersey, Spring Rest), JWT (JSON Web Tokens)
- Hibernate, JPA, Liquibase, Queryds!, JDBC, SQL Hi
- Google Cloud Platform, App Engine, Compute Engine, AFKA, Docker
- JIRA, Git, Sourcetree, Bitbucket, Bitbucket Pipelines, CّّICD
- Tomcat, Jetty, web servers, application servers, Postgresql
- Unix/Linux, Windows admin
- Medical Imaging Software, DICOM, Libraries (LEADTOOLS, AMI)
- Commercial experience of cloud platforms (Ideally GCP)
- Microservice architecture
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, bonus
- Exciting opportunity to lead a global multi-cultural team
- Opportunity to be a part of a team making impact on patients’ lives
- Flexible working environment (part work from home, part – from the office)
- Opportunities for international travel if desired; continuous learning
- Our recruitment process is rigorous but friendly. Our face to face interviews (currently via Teams!) are designed to help you tell us what you know, and what you enjoy. Hopefully, some of the team will drop by to listen in on some of this, giving you both an opportunity to meet
- We strive to be a welcoming and supportive IAG. We recognise the real value a diverse and inclusive workplace brings, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.