Prostate cancer is a disease wherein malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the prostate. This is the second most common cancer diagnosed in men3. Worldwide, prostate cancer is the fourth leading cause of death. At an early stage, prostate cancer may be asymptomatic and often has an indolent course that may only need active surveillance. Most of the prostate cancer cases tend to grow slowly and are low-grade with comparatively limited aggressiveness and low risk.
IAG offers multiple imaging solutions in Prostate cancer, which are currently utilized by the companies in conducting clinical trials, either while scanning patients for inclusion or while assesing the disease progression and efficacy of treatments.
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and MRI – PET/MRI compares the benefits of the metabolic imaging of PET and soft-tissue contrast resolution of MRI. Both these modalities have shown parallel performance in prostate cancer lesion diagnosing by using 18F-choline and 11C as radiotracers.
- Multiparametric-MRI (mpMRI) – multiparametric-MRI (mpMRI) is a recommended MRI technique in prostate cancer (PCa), that comprises high-resolution T2-weighted (T2W) images to understand prostate anatomy and two functional MRI techniques, as well as diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI) to demonstrate dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI (DCE-MRI) and cell density that illustrates vascularity.
- Bone scan – If prostate cancer spreads to multiple body parts, bones are the first to be impacted. A bone scan can be proven helpful in such cases to demonstrate if the cancer spread has reached the bones.
- Computed tomography (CT) scan – CT scan helps identify the prostate cancer spread into the nearby lymph nodes and also in cases of recurrence i.e. if it is multiplying into other structures or organs in the patient’s pelvis.
- PSMA PET – At present, Prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA) is considered one of the most efficacious targets for therapy and imaging in the field of nuclear medicine. PSMA is considered to be an outstanding theragnostic agent that delivers the possibility to identify prostate cancer lesions with the help of PET/CT imaging, and later to irradiate metastatic sites with personalized doses by using high-energy alpha or beta particle emitters (radioligand therapy [RLT]).
- Digital Rectal Examination (DRE) – It is an essential test for the early diagnosis of prostate cancer and is done as part of an annual physical checkup in prostate cancer. Some recent clinical studies show that the combination of PSA and DRE testing is very effective and helpful in the early diagnosis of prostate cancer than each procedure individually.
New-generation diagnostic aids and treatments are evolving and becoming available at a rapid rate that can prove to be very helpful to enhance prognosis in patients with prostate cancer.
IAG, Image Analysis Group offers multiple Prostate Cancer imaging solutions, which are useful while conducting Prostate Cancer clinical trials and which are based on the novel biomarkers emerging in measuring the disease prevalence and disease progression.
We will recommend the optimal imaging and help selecting the trial endpoints. Once the trial is designed, IAG’s team will select and train the sites, assist with imaging data collection and review.
Reach out to our expert team, as you are designing and planning your trial.
About IAG, Image Analysis Group
IAG, Image Analysis Group is a strategic partner to bio-pharmaceutical companies developing new treatments to improve patients’ lives. Our dynamic Strategy, Trial Solutions and Bio-Partnering divisions work closely to meet critical needs of biotechnology companies: funding, clinical development, and monetization of their assets. We fuse decades of therapeutic insights, risk-sharing business model and agile culture to accelerate novel drug development. IAG broadly leverages its core imaging expertise, proprietary technology platform DYNAMIKA and capabilities to support an objective early go no/ go decision and drive excellence for tomorrow’s innovative therapeutic agents with speed.
Contact our expert team: imaging.experts @ ia-grp.com
Experience: Scoring Systems
- RECIST 1.1 /iRECIST
- PET-based Standard Uptake Value (SUV)
- Volumetric Assessment
- Perfusion imaging (DCE-MRI, DSC)
- Diffusion imaging (ADC, DWI, DTI)
- Multiparametric MRI (mpMRI)
- Multiparametric ultrasound (mpUS)
Since 2007, over 2000 articles were published to cover scientific discoveries, technology break-throughs and special cases. We list here some critically important papers and abstracts.
Combining our technologies and business advisory services with promising life science companies has yielded spectacular results over the past five years. As a trusted partner to many biotech and pharma companies, IAG’s team is proud to share your words and quotes.